Medical Wig Training (1)
Time & Location
About the event
Are you a licensed professional looking to expand your wig making business? This medical wig course is a perfect addition to your business.
Kirsten Drumea, medical wig practitioner & hair loss specialist, along with 15 year experienced medical billing and coding specialist Chauna Payne, guide you into starting your very own practice. This class is for licensed cosmetologists, barbers & trichologists.
This is a 2-day virtual training that will teach you everything you need to know about the medical wig industry as well as how to properly bill insurance for your medical wigs.
Day 1 we will discuss:
Becoming a Medical Wig Specialist
March 28, 2021 (Sunday)
•Types of hair loss covered by insurance
• What is a cranial prosthesis
• Types of cranial prosthesis
• How to properly consult with a hair loss client
• Scoping and scalp analysis
• Accepting donor hair
• Steps to take when someone wants to donate their hair to a patient or donate their hair to themselves prior to treatment.
• Setting up your medical wig office
• HIPAA Law and patient confidentiality
• Tele-health appointments
• Income/How much money can I make
• Building relationships with other specialists (oncologists, dermatologists, social workers, etc)
• How to register your business, set up business accounts, LLC, EIN and all other credentials needed to become a specialist in this business
• Accepting Care Credit, HSA/FSA
We will go over patient forms , mock consultations, you will do a virtual walk-through of the office and observe a live consultation with a mock hair loss client looking to obtain a medical wig via insurance. Learn what paperwork must be filled out, and what happens when claims are not properly filed.
You will receive a certificate of completion. A downloadable workbook and all forms needed to run a successful medical wig business. A list of vendors for hair toppers, micro filament, lace, thin skin, synthetic, human, and illusion hair pieces. Three free, 30 minute mentoring sessions to use once your course is complete. Sample brochures and other marketing and business building materials to use in your office.
March 29, 2021 (Monday)
10am -2pm cst
Getting into the Insurance Industry
Proper Medical Billing and Coding
Day 2 , you will receive step by step instructions on how to bill insurance companies for your medical wigs.
• Re-cap on registering your business, credentials needed, customer service/HIPAA act.
• What is billing and coding
• Submitting a Claim-Fax and Online
• How to Secure Contracts
• Business Plan
• Electronic submission
• Register your business for in-network and out -of-network
We will do mock claim forms and visit Cigna, Aetna, BCBS, TriCare, and UHC! Learn all of the secrets !!
A downloadable workbook and forms
As an added bonus for taking this course,
We will start the process of getting you into your first three networks.
Be honest, what other medical wig courses have given you all of this knowledge for under $6000. Trust me, we know the answer. We’ve spent countless hours researching how to become successful in this business to no avail, spending thousands to only learn what we already knew. It took years to gain the knowledge that we will give you in 2-days. In this course, you will gain full knowledge and be on your way as a trained and certified medical wig specialist.
This special will not last long, regular price for this course is $5500.
Deposit of $300 is due upon sign-up for the course (non-refundable)
Final Payment due : March 25
If final payment is not received by March 26, you will forfeit your deposit.
- Medical Wig Training$2,500+$62.50 Service fee$2,500+$62.50 Service fee0$0
- Deposit$300+$7.50 Service fee$300+$7.50 Service fee0$0
- Remaining Balance$2,200+$55 Service fee$2,200+$55 Service fee0$0